Monday, August 18, 2014

15 Ways To Get Motivation For Exercise

15 Ways To Get Motivation For Exercise






When you are just getting started, it can be hard to find motivation for exercise. Even I have days where I struggle with that voice in my head telling me to skip today's workout. There are lot's of ways to get motivated, but here are 15 ways I get myself in the zone to crush my workout. Give some of them a try and see if they work for you.

1. The #1 Way I get motivated for working out is by watching videos on YouTube. Hearing the words along with the video of people working hard always puts me in a no excuses zone!



2. Take care of yourself. While many people make time to take care of others (kids, spouse, other family, co-workers, boss), they don’t often make time to take care of themselves. Instead, make your “you” time a priority, and don’t miss that exercise appointment.

3. Having fun is key. Exercise should be fun. If it isn’t, pick a different activity that you enjoy. As long as you’re moving and burning calories, it's good!

4. Think about how you’re going to look in the future. Imagine a slimmer, fitter you. Now let that image drive you.

5. Magazines are a huge source of motivation. It motivates me to read fitness magazines. Seeing people who are in shape and have the body I want makes me drives me to get off my butt.

6. Read the success stories of others. The success stories of others are incredibly inspirational. If they can do it, so can you!

7. Reward yourself. If you exercise for a few days, you deserve a reward. If you workout for a week, give yourself a bigger reward!

8. Fitting into new clothes is huge motivation. Wanna look good and fit into a smaller size? Work out!

9. You will be more attractive.  This is always a good motivator, as I’m sure we all know.

10. Stress reliever. After a long stressful day at the office, get out and work off that stress. It makes you feel so much beter.

11. A workout partner will keep you motivated. You don't want to let them down and will be less likely to skip.

12. Your before picture. You often don’t realize how far you’ve come. Take pictures often.

13. Set a new goal. Setting and tracking a goal helps motivate you to complete that goal. Make it easily achievable.

14. Motivational quotes. I like to print them out or put them on my bathroom mirror.

15. Hearing comments on how good you look. When someone notices the changes in your body, it feels great and it makes you want to work out harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment